Photographing in Manual Mode
|BOOKINGS AND ENQUIRIES|
STARTS EVERY WEDNESDAY:
Together with our sister company, thephotowalkers.com, we have been teaching photography since 2012 and have now created an incredible on-line Manual mode photography course.
THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE AIMED AT:
Photographers at all skills levels that want to take better photographs for fun or for work
THE DAILY WORKSHOPS INCLUDE:
Day 1: Start at the very beginning! Turn that Dial to M. Understand film vs ISO
Day 2: Get your colour right in camera. Understanding White Balance, Picture Style and LCD Brightness
Day 3: Find your light meter and learn to balance the light
Day 4: All about Aperture. Learning the beauty of Depth of Field
Day 5: Shutter Speed and how to control movement. Where to start..
Day 6: How to use basic accessories and settings: Tripods, Neutral Density Filters, EV and Panning
Day 7: Bringing it all together! The exposure triangle and how to choose the Hero Setting!
🤔 How can I take great photos?
- Taking a great photo can be luck – you find yourself in a ‘Nat Geo’ moment. You are simply in the the right place, right light, right time. And you have a camera. Voila! It should be so easy!
- The thing that you then need to be able to get it right technically.
- To be the best that you can, you need to understand MANUAL MODE
- By being on MANUAL MODE you think about all aspects of your photograph such as movement and depth of focus.
- By understanding these you get the exact photo that you dreamed of
- BEFORE you hit the trigger to take the shot- you need to THINK – and this is where people get it wrong.
- Don’t just quickly take a 100 plus photos without thinking and then expect everyone in your family to love one or 50 of them. Or don’t submit to your camera club to be critted and then be disappointed. Get it right before you hit the trigger!
- Its not just about the scene, the moment, the light, the rule of thirds, the cost of equipment or technical ability.
- Its about understanding what it takes to create a great image
- You need to THINK MORE and PHOTOGRAPH LESS…..
- Thats what this workshop will give you….The simple beauty of how photography was invented
- The daily workshops are released at 09h00. (GMT +2)
- There is an average of 15 minutes of workshops per day with between 2 and 4 educational tutorials per workshop
- During the course you get three practical exercises to do. These are so that your instructors can see that you understand the technical side of photography, therefore enhancing your unique creative ability. These exercises can be done anytime during the 7 days and will take about 30 minutes to photograph and upload
- There is a webinar on the Monday night which takes about 45 minutes . If there is a need for another time slot due to global time differences, the instructors will gladly accommodate
- The course remains open for you indefinitely so that you can go back and re-watch the tutorials at anytime
- If you complete the full course in 7 days, you receive a VIP coupon code for a 20% discount on a future course with The Photo Shed AcademY
WHATS IS THE COST AND HOW DO I PAY?
- The cost of this workshop is R700.00
- Please pay EFT.
The Photo Shed
Hermanus – Code 134512
Account Number 115 785 7663
Reference: manual + your surname
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
* It’s up to you to keep up with the workshop.
* No refund will be issued under any circumstances. You may change the start date once at no charge.
* Any negativity, nudity or advertising posted in the Private Facebook Group will be removed immediately.
* Entries close on the start day of the workshop.
* One entry = 1 email registration.
By taking part on the course you agree to be bound by The Photo Shed indemnity terms and conditions. The Photo Shed Academy, its staff, employees, suppliers and partners will not be held responsible for loss, injury, death or damage including consequential loss of any nature what-so-ever when on our courses. By booking this course you understand and accept this.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONFIDENTIALITY:
By booking this challenge you accept and agree that any information given as well as any service providers, locations, workshops, partners, techniques or any part of the challenge what-so-ever is the Intellectual Property of The Photo Shed Academy.