Do you want to further your career to an on-line life of travel?
Then this academy is for you.
Our mission is to inspire photographers by providing them with a variety of unique opportunities.
What makes us unique?
- Our accredited and award-winning SA Pro Photographers and industry leaders provide tutoring and mentorship throughout the program.
- We are located in the picture perfect Cape Whale Coast on the South Coast of South Africa, only 115km from Cape Town, with breathtaking scenery, beautiful ocean and marine life on our doorstep, as well as award winning wine farms and tranquil landscapes.
- We have our own fully equipped studio, gallery and newly fitted dark room at The Photo Shed Academy head office. We have state of the art studio and photographic equipment
As an Intern you will get to:
- Live in one of South Africa’s most beautiful and exciting coastal areas with unique marine life and spectacular canvasses.
- Live in our Intern House where you will get to meet other creative and passionate intern photographers from all over the world.
- Work alongside and be tutored by Accredited SA Pro Photographers.
- Explore multiple different canvasses and locations including land-based and sea-based settings.
- Enhance your skills.
- Have full access to our studio, gallery and darkroom.
- Meet local people and learn more about the culture.
If you are a beginner photographer you will learn the basics of photography and have a variety of canvasses to work from so that you can find out which genre of photography appeals to you. If you are a more advanced photographer you may focus on building your portfolio, developing your brand, working on a college assignment or working on a personal project. Either way you will be enriched in skills and experience by this program’s unique approach, variety of canvasses and experienced professionals.
What does the Internship Program look like?
Our 12 week program is designed to cover most aspects of photography. From micro to macro; from the darkroom to Lightroom, and everything that comes in between. You will be shooting at least twice weekly, attending workshops and working on your portfolio at the The Photo Shed Academy . This means that you will be growing your skills and abilities at a pace you feel comfortable with. No matter what canvasses you are working on we will help you develop your particular genre of photography.
2020 Calendar Outline
Please contact us for rates.
Phone and Whatsapp: +27 (0) 64 708 2259
What is Included?
What is excluded?
- Accommodation with breakfast, linen and house cleaning services.
- Airport transfers.
- Workshops run by Accredited SA Professional Photographers and other experts.
- In Module 10 the tour includes all accommodation, breakfast, transport and instruction.
- Transport between The Intern House and The Photo Shed, as well as transport to all workshops related activities/locations.
- A South African SIM card with 250 MB data loaded to get you started.
- Tripods, access to the darkroom, studio and the opportunity to submit your photographs for sale in our gallery and on-line.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks and refreshments.
- Night-time, weekend, and any non-program related activities and entrance fees.
- Camera and computer equipment (you are welcome to hire these should you need).
- Personal laundry.
- Additional transport outside of workshop times and for non-program related activities.
- Emergency medical evacuations.
- Visas, medical and travel insurance.
- All Flights.
Bring or refer a friend and receive a 5% discount off your weekly fee.
Once we have received your application we will confirm availability and invoice you.
- First Instalment:
- A 50% deposit of the full program fee is required to secure your place/s.
- Second Instalment
- The remaining 50% is Payable 6 weeks prior to your program start date.
All payments are payable via Bank Transfer.
- The 50% deposit to secure your place is non-refundable.
- Cancellations within 4 weeks of your start date: No refund will be issued.
- Cancellations more than 4 weeks before your start date: 50% refund will be issued on the second instalment – less any expenses incurred.
Our Intern Manager, Hannelie, will help you with any questions. She can be contacted through:
Phone and Whatsapp: +27 (0) 64 708 2259